Friday, October 7, 2011

Beer to the wise? or Is five kids enough (for me?)(to end me?)

It's the Way of the Beer, Sensei!  The gentle amber flowing from the bottle,  the end of the beers trip in an equally amber flowing stream.  The not so lovely pounding of ones skull the next day, or maybe even the same night.  "Suck it up" you say.  It's the way of the beer!

Well the Way of Beer takes me in even less pleasant ways nowadays. I mean in your teens, your twenties it was easy, but "Nope, Not for me anymore, Thank you." I'm in my thirties, and would rather bang my head on the wall to get a headache, But hey, I have 1,2,3,4,5 kids!! I don't need to bang my head on the wall.
    Kids can bring on a headache to rival a hangover, no prob.  I love my kids, but when school starts, Hallelujah!!  Free to breathe for 8 hours, 5 days a week!  Miracle of school, bless you, bless you. I love 'em but they do drive me up a wall.  I'm still trying to figure out how they got my personal "go nuts" code.  Two of them got it down pat.  Two of them are working on their graduates degree in nut-ology, and the other ones only a baby, give him time.

The magic of Parenthood is the survival OF PARENTING.  If I can do it, anybody can!  Beer to the wise, Drink'em when your young, becuase you sure as hell can't do it later. "If you want to keep your kid's dumbass!" says this worn and torn parent. ("But I still love parenting! I must be completely insane!")

No comments:

Post a Comment